Tank Floor PEC Probe
Perform in-service inspections of storage tank annular rings with this super-thin titanium blade probe.
- Super-thin 4.8 mm (0.2 in) titanium blade
- Scan wall thicknesses up to 25 mm (1 in)
- Integrated remote controls (one-person operation)
- Durable, permanent, built-in etched ruler
- Unidirectional probe sensitivity
- Side and front mounting points for external encoder
This probe was developed for the in-service inspection of storage tank floor annular rings. Currently, no other inspection technique can do this without emptying tanks. With its super-thin 4.8 mm (0.2 in) titanium blade, the probe can slide up to 400 mm (16 in) under tank floor edges, assessing remaining wall thickness of this critical region exposed to corrosion. The built-in remote controls and status LEDs are designed to enable one-person operation. The tank floor probe’s bottom surface is also magnetically shielded, maximizing sensitivity for optimal component analysis and protection against signal distortion from potential ferromagnetic structures. The probe’s titanium blade is designed to withstand the harshest field conditions.
|Insulation/coating thickness (liftoff)|
|Footprint at zero liftoff|
|Total blade length|
|Maximum surface temperature|