The patent-pending PEC-GS probe is specifically designed to detect Corrosion Under Insulation (CUI) in the presence of galvanized steel weather jackets.
- Scan through 1 mm (0.04 in) galvanized steel with excellent detection capabilities and sizing accuracy
- Maximized signal penetration
- Better signal-to-noise ratio
- Scan through metals up to 38 mm (1.5 in) thick
- Scan through insulation 13–152 mm (0.5–6 in) thick
Optimized Performance on Galvanized Steel Weather Jackets
Lyft® now includes the PEC-GS probe dedicated to inspecting insulated structures protected by galvanized steel weather jackets. Being ferromagnetic, galvanized steel cladding is a challenge for PEC inspections. Designed to overcome the adverse effects of this material, the patent-pending probe ensures:
- Improved signal penetration
- Excellent detection capabilities and sizing accuracy
- Enhanced signal-to-noise ratio (SNR)
The probe supports metal thicknesses up to 38 mm (1.5 in), insulation 13–152 mm (0.5–6.0 in), and galvanized steel weather jackets up to 1 mm (0.04 in) thick. The probe is capable of scanning pipes with diameters as small as 25 mm (1 in) and has an extension cable (15 m/50 ft) for rope access (sold separately).
|Insulation/coating thicknesses (liftoff)|
|Footprint at minimum liftoff|
|Maximum surface temperature|