These probes adapt to geometry variations in almost every direction.
That makes padded probes perfect for examining weld beads, as well as transition and heat-affected zones. The probes’ unique, proprietary design also allows detecting surface cracks in welds with minimal surface preparation. Furthermore, the probes’ membrane is extra-tough to better withstand friction. Like other Eddyfi surface probes, padded probes come in a wide variety of frequency brackets, number of coils, and two casing sizes: small and medium.
- fully flexible contact surface that adapts to geometry variations
- inspect non-ferromagnetic welds with minimum surface preparation
- high resistance to wear and tear
- 34–56 mm, depending on model
Minimum crack length:
- 0.5–1.0 mm, depending on model